Thursday, October 7, 2010

Contemplating the "Contemplations"....

I have been thinking about this new series I have been working on.   Inspired by small objects in nature,  I am going to call these small 8"x10" oil paintings my "Contemplations."  I enjoy getting lost in their beautiful details.

Here is the latest finished piece, of a moon snail:


Contemplation: Solitary Moon Snail
oil on canvas, 8"x10"
for purchase info

One that is still in progress, of two Blue Jay feathers:



This drawing got me started on the entire new group of paintings:


This pencil drawing of my beloved small nest is only about 5"x5".   I remember drawing it late into the night last winter.   I enjoyed working on it so much that the memory of doing so has spurred me into starting the "Contemplations" paintings.

No comments: