Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One of the new little ones


Contemplation: Remembering the Wind
oil on canvas, 10"x8"
email info@susannapantas.com for purchase info

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am working on many more from the Contemplations series.  I just can't get enough of this series!  The small format of the canvases makes these paintings quick and fun for me.  This painting, above, may look familiar, as it is the same butterfly featured in another painting that is called "Contemplation: Remnants of Flight," however this is from a different angle and on a smaller canvas.  I wanted to continue to push myself with trying to create the powdery and glittery aspect of the fragile Swallowtail wings.  I just love how the edges are a bit jagged and the perfection of the butterfly isn't quite... yet the beauty still remains.

No comments: